CONTEST 25 000$ cash for a dream
1. The «25 000$ cash for a dream» contest (hereafter “Contest”) is organized by Transcontinental Media S.E.N.C. (“Transcontinental”). It starts on July 1, 2012 and closes on June 30, 2013 at 23h59 (EDT). Any reference to time in this document indicates Eastern Daylight saving Time (EDT).
2. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada and is governed by Canada lay, eighteen (18) years of age and above who have reached the age of majority in the province in which they reside by the start date of this contest as identified above, with the exception of the employees, agents and/or representatives of Transcontinental, its distributors or affiliated companies, advertising agencies or any contributor to the Contest, as well as anyone with whom an employee, agent and/or representative is domiciled or any member of his or her immediate family. For these official rules, “immediate family” refers to the father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, husband, wife or partner of such an employee, agent and/or representative.
HOW TO ENTER
3.1 Go to www.25000dollarsforadream.com and go to the Contest page. Answer one of the surveys offered and available on your date of visit to the Contest site. Complete the electronic entry form (hereafter the “Electronic Entry”) by filling all required fields. Click on “Submit”. You will then be entered in the Contest. Transcontinental will post on www.25000dollarsforadream.com a total of seven (7) separate surveys during the Contest. Each survey completed gives you a chance to win the Contest. You can register by completing an entry form until June 30, 2013 at 23:59.
3.2 Each entrant whose Entry Form will have been randomly selected will be contacted by Transcontinental; before the obtainment of the Prize and as an essential condition to its obtainment, such entrant will have to answer correctly a Mathematical question. Following a correct answer to the Mathematical question, such entrant will be declared a winner (each such winner shall be hereafter collectively or individually referred to as “ Winner ” subject to every other condition stipulated in the present rules and regulations)
3.3 Each entrant can only use one e-mail address (which must be valid) to enter via the Electronic Entry form. One (1) entrant per Electronic Entry form. One (1) Electronic Entry per person per Survey for the duration of the Contest. The same e-mail address cannot be used by more than one entrant.
3.4 No purchase necessary.
4. One (1) winner will receive one (1) check of twenty-five thousand dollars ($ 25,000 CDN) (hereinafter the “Prize”).
5. Transcontinental reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to replace the Prize with another of a comparable value or with the Prize value in money if it is not possible to award it to the Winner as described in paragraph 4 above for any reason.
6. On July 9, 2013 at around 2pm, a preliminary draw will be held at the offices of Transcontinental located at 1100 Bl. René-Lévesque O, 24e Floor, Montréal, Québec, H3B 4X9among all Electronic Entries received by the server hosting the www.25000dollarsforadream.com contest website. The first (1st) entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received during the Contest period.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
7. To be declared winner, the entrant whose Entry Form is randomly chosen for the Prize must respect the entry and eligibility conditions stipulated in this document. Failure to respect one or several of these conditions means the winner will be disqualified and another random draw will be conducted to choose another winner.
8. Transcontinental will contact the Winners by telephone and/or e-mail. In the event that Transcontinental cannot contact the selected entrant of one or several of the draws for whatever reason within forty-eight (48) hours following the draw, Transcontinental will conduct as many draws as necessary from the Entry Forms to find a Prize winner.
9. To claim his prize, a Winner must fill in and sign a Declaration of Compliance and a full Liability Release (hereafter “Form”) that will be sent to him by mail and/or courier and/or fax and/or e-mail by Transcontinental and return it filled in and signed within seven (7) days of receiving it. In the event that the Form is not signed and returned within the time limit, Transcontinental reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to conduct or not as many draws as necessary to award the Prize. If Transcontinental decides not to conduct a new draw, the Prize will simply not be awarded..
10. Upon receipt of the Form, Transcontinental will inform the Winner by e-mail and/or by mail and/or by phone and/or by messenger of all the details related to how the Winner will receive the Prize.
11. The Prize will be delivered to the Winner between August 1st, 2013 and September 1st, 2013 inclusively.
12. In the event that it is not possible to deliver the Prize to the Winner, for whatever reason, the Prize must be claimed at Transcontinental’s offices by October 1st, 2013 at the latest, otherwise it shall become null and void. In such case, the Prize will not be redrawn and will simply not be awarded.
13. Transcontinental, its respective companies and divisions and any other moral person of its corporate group, its affiliated broadcast distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective shareholders, administrators, executives, employees and agents, as well as any contributor to the Contest (hereafter called “Release recipients”) are not responsible for matters regarding the Prize or the Contest and provide no guarantee for either.
14. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred without the prior written agreement of Transcontinental, substituted with another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for money. Should Transcontinental for reasons out of its control and not related to the Winner, not be able to award the prize as described in the present document, Transcontinental reserves the right to award a similar prize (or a portion of the prize) of equal value or, at its sole discretion, the value of the prize indicated in this present document (or a portion of the prize) in money.
15. Transcontinental shall not be held liable in any case where its inability to act results from a fact or situation beyond his control or from a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in his facilities or in the facilities of the organizations or companies whose services are used in the course of holding this Contest.
16. By entering this Contest, the Winner authorizes Transcontinental, if required, to use his name, photograph, place of residence, voice, image and (or) declaration regarding its prize for advertising purposes without any form of remuneration. Moreover, the Winner agrees to permit his name and town of residence to be broadcast on www.25000dollarsforadream.com and (or) on the Contest Internet page without any form of remuneration.
17. The Release recipients shall not incur any responsibility for incomplete or incomprehensible name and addresses from Contest entrants. Transcontinental reserves the right to reject any Entry Form that is incomplete, illegible or mutilated or that contains a human or mechanical error and to proceed with the selection of another Entry Form.
18. Any Entry Form and any attempt at entering using electronic, computer or other means which are contrary to the spirit of the Contest or to the Contest rules (e.g., computer pirating, mass emailing, etc.) will be automatically rejected and may be referred over to the appropriate judicial authorities. Any automated entries will be noticed and rejected.
19. The Release recipients are not in any way responsible for any problem including, but without being limited to, the technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, any other problem resulting directly or indirectly in a virus, bug or technical failure following the sending of e-mails to Transcontinental for any reason including, but without being limited to, traffic congestion on the Internet network or on the Web site or a combination of both. Transcontinental and Release recipients are not responsible for any damage done to computer equipment following entering the Contest. The Release recipients will not be held responsible for any damage or problem due to a loss of signal or a technical failure occurring during the broadcast and/or signal reception from www.25000dollarsforadream.com. Transcontinental and other Release recipients are not responsible for any problem that could prevent the proper conduct of the Contest in accordance with the rules established herein including, but without restricting the generality of the above, or(to??) the postponement of the Contest promotion or of the Contest.
20. Transcontinental reserves the right to modify or cancel the Contest without advance notice, subject to having obtained any required approval from Quebec’s Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
21. The decisions made by Transcontinental are final and without appeal.
22. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a promotional contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be be submitted to the Régie des alcohols, des courses et des jeux only for the purposes of helping the parties reach a settlement.
23. From July 10, 2013 to August 1st, 2013 the name of the Contest Winner will be available at the Transcontinental office from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, and on www.25000dollarsforadream.com ten (10) days at the latest after the draw, for a minimum period of ten (10) days.
24. The Contest rules are available at Transcontinental’s offices located at 1100 Bl. René-Lévesque O, 24e Floor, Montréal, Québec, H3B 4X9 and on www.25000dollarsforadream.com
25. In case of incompatibility between the English and the French version of the present Rules, the French version shall prevail.